Your mobile phone’s security should always be on top of your list. In case you lose or damage your phone, you can say sayonara to all your photos, messages, files, contacts, and other important data unless you back it up. Fortunately, Apple already came up with solutions on the best way to backup iPhone.
A lot of iPhone users initially think that their data is automatically uploaded to iCloud. However, that’s not always the case. If you want to back up your data on your iCloud, you can only upload up to a maximum of 5GB unless you pay extra.
In this guide, we’ll show you the best way to back up everything on your phone (6, 6S, 6S plus, 7, 7 plus, 8, 8 plus, x, xs, xs max, XR). You don’t have to be a tech genius to figure this one out.
Want to know the best way to backup iPhone? Just follow these simple and easy steps to secure your data.
The Best Way to Backup iPhone:
How to backup iPhone to iCloud
iCloud is a popular choice among iPhone users because it is easy and convenient. Instead of backing up your data in your PC, you can upload it to iCloud so that it doesn’t eat up your computer’s space. You have the option to set it up automatically so that your files are immediately stored to iCloud every time your Wi-Fi is on.
However, as we mentioned, you can only get up to a maximum of 5GB of free storage. If you require more space, you need to upgrade and pay a certain premium.
- Step 1: Turn on your mobile phone’s Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: Go to the settings menu, select your name, and tap on iCloud.
- Step 3: Click on iCloud Backup.
- Step 4: Tap Backup Now and wait until the entire backup process is complete.
- Step 5: To check if the transfer is complete, go to iCloud Storage and select Manage Storage then tap on your device. The information will reflect the time and size of the backup.
How to backup iPhone to computer via iTunes ( PC, Windows, Mac)
Another way to back up your data is through iTunes. You can easily download your content to your PC’s hard drive. The process is similar to iCloud. However, the difference is storage.
With iTunes, you won’t have to pay extra for additional storage. On the other hand, your files will eat up space on your computer. Plus, you won’t be able to easily access your photos, music, and documents unlike in iCloud where all you need is an internet connection to get your old files. This option is more ideal for users that have a huge hard drive capacity.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC via its charging cable.
- Step 2: Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Step 3: If it’s your first time to connect your iPhone to your PC, a message will be prompted asking you if you Trust the computer. Follow the steps indicated.
- Step 4: Tap your device icon.
- Step 5: Go to the Summary menu and look for Backups. Under this tab, click on Backup Now.
Backing up your phone’s data might seem like a daunting task. However, losing all your files is definitely much worse. It’s disheartening to lose everything that you value whether it’s personal or for business.
Luckily, you can avoid losing your precious memories and important files by backing up your iPhone. Whether you chose to back up your data via iCloud or iTunes, the important thing is your files are secured.