It can be frustrating to get a notification that your iCloud storage is full. When you get this notification you will need to free your iCloud storage. Better yet, before this notification pops-up, learn how to permanently delete apps from iCloud.
iCloud is one of the most notable features of your iPhone. It is the online storage service of Apple. It allows you back-up your apps data, photos, music and videos. iCloud provides the convenience of storing all your digital assets on the servers of Apple so you can access them anytime and from anywhere.
When you set up your iCloud account, you automatically get 5GB of free storage. You can use this free space to back up your apps data, photos, music, videos, documents, contacts and your entire phone. For more iCloud storage space you can buy a monthly subscription ranging from 50G to 2TB.
Running out of iCloud storage means you will not be able to back-up your iphone on iCloud. New photos and videos will not automatically upload to iCloud. You also will not be able to receive and send emails though your iCloud email address. The best thing to do is to free some space.
Many iPhone users do not exactly know how to maximize the use of iCloud. iPhone users are constantly wondering how to manage their iCloud storage and often tend to pay for estra storage space.
It is about time you conquer the problem of iCloud storage for good. More often than not too many apps is the culprit why you are getting such notifications as “Your iCloud storage is full” or “Failed to back-up iphone, there isn’t enough storage.”
How to Delete Apps from iCloud
For most iOS apps, automatic back up to iCloud is done upon installation of the app. You can choose which apps to back up by deleting existing app backups from your iCloud storage. This method works for your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch:
- On the Home Screen of your device, tap on Settings.
- Select your name. This is located on the top portion of the Settings interface.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap on Manage Storage. You will be able to view your iCloud storage settings.
- Tap on Backups. You will be able to view a list of your devices synched to your iCloud account.
- Choose the device containing the app you want to delete. If you want to delete apps from multiple devices, you will need to repeat these steps and choose the appropriate device.
- Tap on Choose Data to Back Up.
- Tap on Show All Apps.
- Find the app you want to delete from iCloud.
- Tap on the ON/Off toggle of the app.
- On the bottom of the screen will appear a message “Do you want to turn off <name of app> backups and delete thee backup data from iCloud.”
- Tap on Turn Off & Delete.
Confirming you want to Turn Off & Delete an app will disable the iCloud backup for that particular app and will delete all its information from iCloud. There are some ups that always back up and can never be turned off.