You have downloaded a lot of apps and they are all backed-up in your iCloud account. There will come a point when you realize that there are a lot of useless apps in your purchase history. In this case you can either hide or delete these apps that you no longer need. When you know how to delete purchased apps from iCloud you will be able to have more iloud storage space.
Purchased apps from the App Store do not, so to speak, consume any storage space in iCloud. It is the data from these apps that consume storage space.
How to Delete Purchased App from iCloud
Apple does not provide any method on how to delete purchased apps from your purchased list. Purchased apps when backed up on iCloud do not affect your iCloud storage space because they are not on your iCloud backup but on the Apple’s servers.
You can delete purchased app data from iCloud from the Settings menu of your iPhone, iPad and iPod as well as in the Storage option of your Mac.
This is how to delete purchased app from iCloud.
- Launch Settings app.
- Scroll down to iCloud.
- Open iCloud.
- Tap on Storage and Back & Back Up
- Tap on Manage Storage
- Go to Documents and Data.
- Select the particular app whose data you want to delete.
- Tap on Edit.
- Tap on Delete located on the left side of the app.
- Tap on the prompt to confirm that you want to delete the app.
- Tap Delete All if you want to delete everything.
How to Hide Apps from iCloud
Apple has a history of all your purchase apps in iCloud. This makes it easier for you to download apps you bought on the Apple Store. These purchased apps can only be hidden from showing up on your Purchased history on iCloud if you do not wish for them to be displayed. Your Purchased history does not also use up your iCloud Storage.
This method does not actually delete purchased apps from iCloud but it nevertheless achieves the same result. Hiding purchased apps from iCloud will give you a “Not on this iPhone / iPad on the screen when you search for that particular app.
- On your iPhone, go to the App Store.
- Tap on Updates.
- Tap on Purchased. You will be able to view all your purchased apps.
- From a Mac or Windows PC, open iTunes.
- Click on Purchased. You will be able to view the history of all your purchased apps.
- Position cursor on the app you wish to hide.
- Click on the “X” symbol. This will hide your purchased app and will no longer be displayed on your updated app list.
- On your iPhone (iOS 6 or earlier) go to the App Store. Tap on Updates and then Purchased. The crossed out the app will no longer show on your Purchase History.
- To make the purchased app not also appear on iCloud, go to Settings.
- Tap on iTunes & App Store. Tap on your Apple ID the Sign Out.
Going back to the App Store, you will notice that you now the app is no longer on your purchase history.